BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

7/13/2009

'Fallen Angels'

I'ts 3:31 and I've just closed the book 'Fallen Angels' after spending roughly a week reading it. I will say to you readers that the book is yet another success in the the Horus Heresy series, it provides the reader with a great story and it tells of how the events in the great betrayal transpired. Like the previous books it leaves me speechless and I want to remember it that way, there are not many books that renders me speechless unless they are truly epic or incredibly smart. I am a Warhammer enthusiast which may cause me to become very bias so don't consider this some sort of review or anything of it's ilk.

This won't be an awfully long blog either as it's just encircling my awe of this book and in general the Warhammer universe. Black Library (the publisher of all legitimate Warhammer literature) has really inspired me to write, I want to some day write a book like this myself. Perhaps it's just a teenagers stupid dream but I really like this universe, even if I can't bring myself to paint the miniatures I know quite a lot about lore in the Imperium and of the chaos entities. Most of you readers probably have no idea what I'm talking about so I'll round this off.

I've finished reading the book and to summarize my thoughts, I loved it.

Bellow you will see a picture of the books in the Horus Heresy series currently standing in my bookshelf, the hole in the collection is a book that I have currently lent to a friend.

A list of the books in correct order:

- #1: Horus Rising
- #2: False Gods
- #3: Galaxy in Flames
- #4: Flight of the Eisenstein
- #5: Fulgrim
- #6: Descent of Angels
- #7: Legion
- #8: Battle For The Abyss
- #9: Mechanicum
- #10: Tales of Heresy
- #11: Fallen Angels
- #12: A Thousand Son ( March 2010. )
- #13: Prospero Burns ( April 2010. )



Being the awesome person that I am I will provide you readers with the intraductory text provided in each of these books.

"It is a time of legend... Mighty heroes battle for the right to rule the galaxy. The vast armies of the Emperor of Earth have conquered the galaxy in a Great Crusade - the myriad alien races have been smashed by the Emperor's elite warriors and wiped from the face of history.

The dawn of a new age of supremacy for humanity beckons.
Gleaming citadels of marble and hold celebrate the many victories of the Emperor. Triumphs are raised on a million worlds to record the epic deeds of his most powerful and deadly warriors.

First and foremost amonst these are the primarchs, superheroic beings who have led the Emperor's armies of Space Marines in victory after victory. They are unstoppable and magnificent, the pinnacle of the Emperor's genetic emperimentation. The Space Marines are the mightiest human warriors the galaxy has ever known, each capable of besting a hundred normal men or more in combat.

Organised into vast armies of tens of thousand called Legions, the Space Marines and their primarch leaders conquer the galaxy in the name of the Emperor.

Chief amongst the primarchs is Horus, called the Glorious, the Brightest Star, favourite of the Emperor, and like a son unto him. He is the Warmaster, the commander-in-chief of the Emperor's military might, subjugator of a thousand thousand worlds and conqueror of the galaxy. He is a warrior without peer, a diplomatic supreme.

Horus is a star ascendant, but how much further can a star rise before it falls..?"


I myself believe the introduction is far more motivation you require to actually start reading the books and I can only hope you agree.

However, I should now traverse the five metres between my chair and my bed and fly away into my dreams of glory and empires.

Until next time dear readers
The Emperor Protects.

0 comments: