BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

7/13/2009

1:39..

I felt as if it was time to write something again. I've just gotten home from my friends place after a couple of hours of roleplaying, it was quite the experience considering it was my first time acting gamemaster but with some help and innovation I think it turned out pretty good. The trip back must've seriously been the longest subway trip ever, I think I waited a total of forty minutes just for the trains to arrive, I'm not complaining however, the extra time gave me an oppurtunity to continue reading 'Fallen Angels'. I'm currently on page 371/440 and I can tell you so far that it's a great book, probably within the top five out of the eleven books in the series featuring one of my favourite legions: The Dark Angels

I won't fill this blog up with spoilers or long quotes about the book since that would firstly spoil it for you (though I doubt any of the people actually reading this blog will ever read the Horus Heresy series) so don't get your hopes up or down or whichever way they normally traverse.

To get back on the topic that this blog was intended for, I got the tickets for the trip two days ago and now it feels more real than ever. I've got a slim three days before the big day and it's going to be pretty chaotic not even taking in to account that all my clothes are unwashed. Another thing is the huge mass of friend you have to properly say goodbye and spend some final hours with before you go and that's what I've been doing these last three days. Friday I went with two pals and had dinner and then watched a movie, saturday I went with eight other pals to an internet café, sunday I slept till 18:00 and then went of to another friends place and took part in roleplay as I above stated. I wonder how many more things I'll do before I go.

On my birthday a couple of months back I got a New Zealand tourist guide and when I got home I decided to check up Collingwood (Which is where I'll be staying) and Nelson (which is the closest 'big' town) why I hadn't done this before is beyond me. It turns out that my fathers aquaintaince was correct. Collingwood is referred to as a place that houses a lot of artists and performers that strive to be innovative, creative and keep everything 'eco' or more bluntly put the town is 'Arty-farty'

On a sidenote, a roleplaying game that I've been contemplating on purchasing is Warhammer 40.000: Dark Heresy. It's a pen and paper and dice roleplay (Gee isn't that original) with one important exception. It takes place in the far future of the 41st millenia, the same location in time as my beloved Space Marine chapters that I read so often about. I might buy a couple of the books so I can get a better hold of the roleplaying game and it's rules when I'm gone but this I'm not quite sure yet, the fantasy roleplaying game is incredibly gruff and that's what makes it fun, I can only hope that the future one has the same feel to it.

I should go to bed now, getting my time rythm back is crucial I have been told but I fail to see the point. Why should I normalize my time grasp when I'm going to place where it's twelve hour time difference.

Anyway, to whomever is reading this, I bid you goodnight.

Emperor be with you.

1 comments:

Melkor - Nick sa...

The part when Doghûr slaughtered the farmer was the best.

''We stunties go' a path fer thuse whos' seek happiness once again, the once who follow tha' path are called Slayers. De name speaks fer itself and they all have a common goal te free 'demselfs from 'deir shame with 'de 'elp of glorious death. wha' dey seek I will give yeh fer free.''